End of Summer 2014 Life Update

1:37 PM Unknown 0 Comments

The Life of Shannon Arielle: End of Summer 2014 Life Update
I'm sitting here, and I honestly have no idea what to say. I did not write a blog post for today. I considered skipping today, because I have been working really hard to film and edit my Back to School videos. You can check out my playlist I made of those videos here.

So I guess for today I will make an update post.

-Next Friday (the 22nd) is my last day of work for the summer. I cannot believe that I am going back to school in 17 days. The summer flew by. I am going to miss work the most. I spent most of my summer working. I learned a lot about the industry as well as myself. I am going to miss my co-worker. If you would like to see a post on her (she is my best friend), let me know! I would be happy to write about her!

-I am planning a day trip to New York  City on I think the 27th. I have not given myself much of a vacation this summer. I miss going out and trying new things. So, even though NYC isn't unfamiliar to me, I still plan on doing things there that I have not done before or have not done in awhile. I want to go to Central Park and maybe the Statue of Liberty, depending on the cost. I want to try out a new place for dinner. I do not want to go to a chain place like TGI Friday's. I want to try out a local place. If you have any suggestions, please leave them down below or message me on Twitter (or you know, any of my other social media sites. I check them all every day.) I wish I had the money to stay overnight, because I really want to see a Broadway show.

-There is a bookstore in Baltimore called The Book Thing of Baltimore, where you can donate books and take books. You do not have to donate books to be able to take them, but I still have books from series I used to read when I was twelve. As much as I love the memory of them, there is no point in me holding onto them. Someone else can enjoy them like I used to. I plan on going here the 23rd or 24th, as they are open on Saturdays and Sundays.

-I also plan on going to the Hard Rock Café in Baltimore for lunch/dinner the day I go to the bookstore. Ever since I went to the Hard Rock Café in Orlando back when I was fourteen, I have made it a goal of mine to go to every single Hard Rock Café in the world. Since I will be in the area, I can knock one more off of my list.

-Can we talk about the fact that I hit 40,000 words on one of my stories last night? I cannot believe that I managed to write that many words for one particular story. I know it may not seem like a lot to authors out there, who crank out multiple 100,000+ word novels every year, but for me that means something.

-I am making progress in The Night Circus. The story is heating up. The descriptions are beautiful, but the characters are beginning to shine. When I start reading this book, I cannot stop. I plan on reading a couple chapters, and the next thing I know, I've finished five. I hope to finish the book before I go back to school.

-Has anyone seen Chasing Life? Chasing Life is ABC's new show following April Carver, a budding reporter who finds out she has cancer. I love this show. The characters and plot are realistic. Towards the last couple of episodes, life and death become the focal points. The show has me contemplating what I would do in the situations April and the other cancer patients find themselves in. I don't know. I've just been doing a lot of mortality thinking lately. Maybe I will write a post on it.

-FRIDAY MOVIE NIGHT: This week's FMN is Divergent. I will be watching the movie and live tweeting during it on 8/15/14 at 9PM EST. I did this last week with Avatar as a spur of the moment idea, and I quite enjoyed it. So, I am giving you guys a heads up today. Grab a copy of the movie and join me on Twitter!

I think this sums it up. I really do not like writing spur of the minute posts, but we will all have to deal with it for today.

Have a lovely Thursday,

Shannon

You Might Also Like

0 comments: