February 2016 Goals: My Happiness Project (Writing)

4:27 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Hello! I'm so excited for this month because the focus is on writing! Writing is without a doubt my favorite thing in this world. It helps me express myself in a way that is unexplainable. It is the only thing that has always made sense to me and something I never have to question. So, what do I want to work on with writing this month?

Goals:

-write at least 300 words every day.

-learn a new word every day.

-finish the first draft of The Headquarters.

Write at least 300 words every day

If I'm being honest, this goal should realistically be at 2,000 words if I ever want to finish the first draft of my novel. But I am not the kind of person to over exert myself when it comes to writing. I will push myself to an extent. Some days that extent might be 300 words, others 2,000. With this goal, I want to get into the habit of writing something every single day. Getting the words down on the page puts me one step ahead of the writer who didn't get anything down..

Learn a new word every day

I think something important for all writers is having a vast vocabulary of words to pick from. I am not sure if I am going to follow a daily word/definition account on social media or pick a random word from the dictionary. I do know that I am going to keep a handwritten list of all the different words I learn this month and practice writing sentences with them to make sure I retain the words.

Finish the first draft of The Headquarters

Ah, this book is my baby. I came up with the original idea for this book back when I was 14. I have been working on it periodically over the past 8 years, but I have yet to finish it. I've prioritized everything else in my life over this book, but that is all changing this month. I am going to do my best to write something for this book every day in February until I finish the first draft. I am not going to go through and edit anything this month. I have a habit of doing this, but the importance here is to get down what comes to me and edit later. That is the mentality I am going to have to have this month if I ever want to finish this book.

Something not included on this list is to read more this month. I already read 2-3 books every month, so I don't see how adding such a goal would be beneficial to my happiness project. If you are serious about getting into writing and came here looking for answers, know that reading is one of the key components in becoming a better writer. Read everything you can get your hands on. All reading material is beneficial to a writer.

On top of writing, I also have to keep up my January goals this month. If you don't know about my January goals, I will link that post here. I'm excited to continue to challenge myself as the year goes on and I add more goals!

I hope you enjoyed reading about my goals for the month of February. What are your goals for this month (or year)? Are you doing your own happiness project? Let me know in the comments below! (I swear I didn't do that rhyme on purpose!)

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.
Check out my January 2016 Goals post here.
Check out My 2016 Happiness Project post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: