Quote of the Week: Are You Happy?

11:39 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Are you happy?


Hello!

This weeks quote is all about being happy. (Have you noticed I am on a happy kick)? I have said before that this month has been hard for me in many ways. I noticed that I was not happy with people in my life and that I needed to make a change. So, I have worked on getting the toxic people out of my life.

The first step is realizing that you need to make a change. For example, if you are working your job solely for money, you do not like the people you work with, you live for the weekend, or you cannot concentrate at work because you are so incredibly bored, chances are, you need to be looking for a new place of employment.

Realizing that we are not happy and that we need to change something in our lives is a lot easier than making a change. When I was younger, I was never ready to make a change. I knew that I was not happy, but I continued to be miserable because I was afraid to change and be the person I wanted to be because it was unsecure and risky. Would I rather go to school for a degree in something that always has positions open or something that I was passionate about? Eventually I knew that I wanted to go to school for something I love. Now that I have realized this, the chart above seems almost simple. But not quite.

Making a change is hard. Especially if the thing(s) you know you have to change has(have) been in your life for a long time. Change is not instantaneous. I know that getting out of a bad job or friendship can be hard because 1.) how are you going to make money to pay the rent or 2.) who are you going to tell all your inside jokes to/hangout with when your friend is gone? For your job, I would highly suggest having a new job lined up and ready to go before you quit your old one. As for friendship, eliminating someone from your life is tough. Believe me, I have tried to get rid of this toxic person time and time again. I think why I always went back to her is because we were friends for almost eleven years. That is a large part of my life I am letting go. But it comes down to this: do I want to be happy without her or miserable with her in my life?

It goes for any situation: Do I want to be happy, or do I want to be miserable with this in my life?

Shannon

You Might Also Like

0 comments: