Friday Movie Night: Fried Green Tomatoes

8:38 PM Unknown 0 Comments


I freaking love the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. I just bought the book the movie is based off of (Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café) for my Kindle.

The movie takes place in two time periods: 1980's and the 1920's. In the 1980's Evelyn's marriage is falling apart. At a nursing home, she meets Ninny, who tells her the story of Idgie and Ruth, who run the Whistle Stop Café in the 1920's. Evelyn becomes inspired by Idgie and Ruth's story (female power!). She takes her life into her own hands.

I do not want to say too much more, because, I fear I will spoil the entire movie. If you have not seen this movie, I recommend it. Once I am done the book, I plan on doing a comparison between the two.

Have a great weekend!

Shannon

P.S. I am editing my first Youtube video tonight! :)))

You Might Also Like

0 comments: