Unedited Thoughts Vol. 1

7:23 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Hi, everyone!

Today was going to be a planned post, but then I decided to switch things up and do a thoughts post, where I update you and talk about my recent thoughts.

I've been having a difficult time the past couple of weeks. I got sick the first week of the new year. That and working a few nights in a row messed with my sleep schedule. I'm still off track with my sleep schedule, and I can't seem to stop giving myself a hard time about this. I keep telling myself that I will get back on track with where I want to be. This is just a time I need to be patient and trust in myself and the hard work I have been putting in. Anxiety is a real thing, and it has been stepping up lately. I thought that setting these easy goals for myself each day would be easy to accomplish, but since starting off the year on the wrong foot, I just can't seem to find my footing. I know this may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but I am struggling. On top of all of this, my work hours have been cut back now that the holiday season is over. I'm having an internal debate with myself constantly, wondering if I should look for a second job, leave earlier than I planned on for Thailand, offer to pay my parents more now that I am not working as much, or just ignore everything and stick it out until March like originally planned. I'm not sure what I should do, but I do know that something about the way I am thinking about everything needs to change.

On a brighter note, I am slowly transitioning into eating healthier. I have lost a few pounds, and I'm beginning to feel better physically. I am starting to see the changes in my body when I eat healthy food verses processed food. Our bodies are amazing vessels, and I'm really starting to see the need and benefit of treating it well while we are on this planet. I'm currently baking homemade French fries while I write this post. The kitchen smells delicious and my stomach will love all of these delicious carbs.

I've also begun to start minimizing my belongings. I started with my makeup today, which I had already cut a lot of last May when I came home from college. As I get closer to the date I want to move abroad, the realization that I have to fit everything I'm bringing into two suitcases has hit hard. I'm starting to downsize more than I did after college and watching my purchases. It's more liberating than I would've thought to not buy much and to get rid of the things I never use or might use once in a blue moon. I'm beginning to appreciate the things I do have, and I can't wait to see how I feel after I've gone through all of my belongings in the next couple of months.

I finally got my iPod to sync with iTunes on my new computer. I've been downloading music like crazy, and I've added a few new songs to my January 2016 Music Playlist. I'm so happy to have different music to listen to on my iPod. If you'd like to see another Artists to Listen to post, please let me know. I'm more than happy to make it if that's what you guys want!

Sorry if this post is uninteresting to some, but I think it's good to have raw, unedited posts where I share the problems and successes going on in my life at the current moment. I'll see you all on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: