January 2016 Monthly Favorites

12:16 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Wow! I cannot believe the first month of 2016 is coming to an end! I've had an interesting month to say the least. I was sick and then contracted pink eye (most likely from rubbing my eyes with my dirty hands while at work), visited my grandparent's old house where I spent a good part of my childhood, had my first experience with working the night shift, survived #Snowmaggedon2016, and
much more!


Today's post is all about what I have been loving this month. I have had a lot of fun discovering new things about the world around me and myself. Keep reading to see the things I have been loving this month!

Almond Milk

This may seem like an unusual favorite, but it is meant to be on this list. I have known for almost a year now that I am lactose intolerant, but I chose to ignore it and continue to feed my body things it does not need. Recently, I decided to make changes in my life. Somehow this decision led to me trying vanilla flavored almond milk, and let me tell you this tastes just like vanilla. I've never liked the taste of milk, but this milk tastes great! A bonus is that it is healthier than cow's milk.

The Hobbit

I don't know why I couldn't finish this book when I was a kid. I've always had an overactive imagination, so I don't see how I never got on board. I will have a book review up on this book soon, so keep an eye out for it! I will link it here once it has been posted.

Snow

Snow and I tend to have a pretty great relationship with one another. I love to watch snow fall, and I don't mind shoveling it, even the two feet we got from this past snowstorm. I like making snow angels, sledding, and skiing. In fact, I'm going on a ski trip in a couple weeks. Thank you, #snowmaggedon2016, for lending a hand on the slopes!

Lost

This show is INSANE! I cannot believe I ever stopped watching it. I only ever made it to the middle of season 2 a few years ago when I first started using Netflix. I am in the middle of season 3, and I am hooked. Most shows are predictable, and I like finding the ones that aren't. Nothing about this show is predictable, making it a challenge for me to unravel all the mysteries found on this island (seriously though, what the heck is going on?!)

Chiang Mai, Thailand

As you may or may not know, I am planning on moving to Chiang Mai late March to get a job teaching English. I have been studying Chiang Mai for months now, but this month has made me appreciate the city so much more. I am excited to get out of my comfort zone and face the successes and challenges that come with living in another country! I will have posts on Chiang Mai coming in March, so keep an eye out!

Blogging

I never understood all the posts on "how to get more followers" or "how to optimize social media". I remember pinning blogging posts on Pinterest and questioning how I was ever going to use them. Recently, I have been getting into learning how to be a more successful blogger. This is something I am interested in doing, as I would love to turn this space into a community. This is a work in progress, and it will take awhile for this blog to grow, but the more I study, the more I know. The more I know, the more I can do to make this blog an inspiring place for all.

Writing in my journal

I started writing in a journal every day to keep myself up-to-date with my happiness project. This is the longest I have ever been able to keep up a journal. I can't tell you how many times I tried to do this before in the past. I am going to keep up this journal the entire year. If I still love doing this at the end of December, I will definitely continue to do it in 2017.

Having more free time

The holiday season is over, giving me more free time. I have tried my best to use this time wisely. I've been doing a lot of reading, studying Chiang Mai and blogging, and doing my best to be healthier (and maybe watching a lot of Lost). I used to think I had way too much time on my hands and enjoyed working 40+ hour weeks, but now I am slowly teaching myself how to utilize my time in a way that will benefit me now and in the future.

The first month of My Happiness Project

This month has been great as far as My Happiness Project goes. I will be making a separate post on this, so be sure to come back to my blog on Friday to find it! I will also link it here.

What have you been loving this month? Leave your favorites for this month in the comments below! Have a great Wednesday!

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.
Check out my previous monthly favorites post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: