My Happiness Project: An Overview for 2016

6:30 PM Unknown 0 Comments



I recently read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and became inspired to make my own happiness project for the upcoming year. The difference between Rubin's project and mine is that I will only be doing six months of different categories rather than twelve. I will follow the first six months of categories the last six months. When I started working on my own happiness project, I realized that many of the things I wanted to work on could be combined. I ended up six categories that I don't think are too difficult to maintain.


Here is a list of what My Happiness Project contains:

January: Energy
-wake up at 7AM every day (unless working).


-be in bed by 9:30 every night.


-eat two servings of fruits or vegetables every day.


-get at least half an hour of exercise on days off from work.


-cut out processed foods.


-complete 1 task on the list of things that need to be done.

February: Writing
-write at least 300 words every day.


-learn a new word every day.


-finish the first draft of The Headquarters.

March: Spiritual
-meditate for 10 minutes every day.


-write mantras and practice them every morning and night.


-do yoga twice a week.


-learn the basics of chakras, astrology, and crystals.

April: Intellectual
-watch 1 CrashCourse US Government video every other day.


-study Thai for 1 hour every day.


-read 2 books.

May: Mindfulness
-stop complaining.


-become aware of the present moment and thrive in it.


-think before speaking.


-take responsibility for actions (wrongdoings especially).

June: Selflessness
-perform one selfless act each day.


-volunteer once a month.


-donate belongings once this month.

Are you doing your own happiness project this year? Comment your own happiness project below, or let me know what you think of mine!

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: