Since We Last Spoke

7:49 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Friends! It has been another long period of time since we last spoke. There have been many changes in my life, and I am finally in a place where I am ready to share them with you. Before I begin, I would like to express my deepest thanks to all of you that keep up with my posts. I haven't logged into Blogger in a couple of months, and I was amazed at the increase in traffic on my blog lately. So, now that thanks are out of the way, let's get into my life.

1. I am currently typing this post on my iPad Mini 4. I have wanted an iPad for awhile now, and for my birthday this year (October 13), my parents bought me one. I contributed to some of the cost, as I thought this gift was way too expensive for them to solely purchase for me. I got a new laptop back in the end of August, but I'm having issues with the wifi, so I thought why not give my iPad a try? So far, I am enjoying this (and not just because autocorrect is my best friend).



2. One of the things I actually accomplished on my to-do list from my Adulthood post is that I have a temporary job. I work at Macy's in Support. I get to help unload all the merchandise off of the trucks that come in every week. I wasn't sure what to think of this job at first (I am indubitably lazy), but after working there for over a month, I can say I am having the time of my life. Despite my hesitant thoughts, I went in to work on day one (work starts at six am) with a positive attitude. With this attitude, I have had nothing but happiness and success with this job. Even when my body hurts I am grateful to be doing a job out of my comfort zone that keeps me on my toes.

3. I have been trying to read and educate myself as much as I can. I am currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, and I plan on reading her newest book Big Magic as soon as I am done Eat, Pray, Love. I haven't been into reading fiction lately. My creativity has been off in its own world for the past couple of months, so instead, I have brought my focus to nonfictional inspirational books, and I have also been learning anything and everything from strange theories to how to rent an apartment in Chiang Mai.

4. My brother has become a Novice Buddhist Monk. I am without a doubt the proudest big sister in this world. My brother and I are close (me only living less than seventeen months without him), and I am so happy that he has found his path in life. I won't go into too much detail in this post because I plan on making a post dedicated to him and his journey these past couple of months. When I have posted his journey, I will link it here so all of you can find it.

5. I have been depressed for the past few months, and I still am. I think this topic should be a separate post on its own, but I want to explain something right now. I started this blog with the intention of inspiring people. Talking about depression may not seem like a great way to inspire people, but I also started my blog to create an open space where everyone here feels comfortable with being free to speak the honest truth, whatever that truth may be. I know for a fact that depression affects many of us, and I want to talk about every topic I can. This being said, look out for a post on my personal experience with depression in the near future.

6. I am ready to get myself back into writing, I think part of my lack of inspiration for writing stemmed from my depression, but I am finally feeling my creativity returning. I have struggled with having ideas, but not being able to develop them because of my lack of motivation. I am planning on trying to get some pieces of mine into newspapers or magazines before I leave the States. Question: please let me know, whether it be on this post or any of my social media sites if you would be interested in seeing more Writing 101 posts or any of my finished pieces of writing on this blog.

7. My obsession with owls has increased to a point of no return. I have always found all animals from plankton to elephants to be magnificent, complex creations. Recently, I find myself unable to look at a picture of an owl without the word "aww" escaping from my lips. Life is beautiful, and I plan on making many posts about it.

There are more things I could update you all on, but I will let future posts speak for me. The past couple of months have caused me to grow, and I truly believe that we grow in some way every single day. We are constantly evolving, and I don't believe I will be the same person I am right now by the end of next week. I started this blog as a way to inspire people, myself included. I enjoy reading all of my posts and seeing my personal growth. My blog is full of my raw, honest thoughts. I may edit for conciseness or to catch typos, but that is it. I never want to sound like anyone but myself.

I just want to thank everyone again for reading my posts. The idea that someone is taking time out of his or her day to read my words makes me happy.

Love always,

Shannon

You Might Also Like

0 comments: