Books I Plan on Reading: January and February 2017

6:53 AM Unknown 0 Comments


If you read my New Years Resolutions post you know that one of my goals is to read 2-3 books per month. I love spending a lot of my free time reading. It's especially easy to find time reading where I live in Thailand because I don't have wifi at work. I also want to read more because it's important to me as a writer to read everything I can get my hands on from the news to autobiographies to mystery novels.

So, here's my Reading To-Do List for January and February.


Beyond Words: What Animals Think and Feel

I am incredibly fascinated with learning about animals. This is a scientific book that studies the conscious minds of elephants, whales, and wolves. Do they think the way humans do? Do they have feelings? I guess we'll find out.


The Starch Solution

For those who don't know, I went plant-based with my diet about two and a half months ago. This book is seen as the holy grail of books about the plant-based diet. So naturally, I'm going to read it.


The Atlantis Gene

This book is about Kate, who finds what she thinks is the cure for autism, but is really a gene that could change the human race forever if it gets in the wrong hands. I saw that this book was popular, read the sample, and became interested. I can't wait to read this and potentially get the other two books in the series for later months.


Talking As Fast As I Can

I have been OBSESSED with Gilmore a Girls for the past month and a half. It's all I watch. Growing up, I would watch Gilmore Girls when it came on in the morning and there wasn't anything else on that I wanted to watch. I enjoyed it, but I was never in love with show. I then tried to watch it early last year and didn't like it. Then I decided to try again when the relaunch happened and I seriously don't know what was wrong with me before because this show is comedic gold. I love reading autobiographies, so of course, I've grabbed Lauren Graham's. This autobiography is centered around the Gilmore Girls time in her life, which works out great for me, since I love that time of her life as well.


Me Before You (if I have the time to fit this one in one of the two months)

I know this book will probably make me cry, but I gotta read it before I watch the movie. I typically like having the knowledge of a book when going in to see the movie. I'm usually not one of those people who compares the movie to the book (although the movie version of Beautiful Creatures did set me off one time). I like to see the two as different art portrayals. So I'm going to read this popular book and see how it goes. Hopefully I'll get to this one in January or February, but if not, it's not a big deal. I'll just add it to March's reading list.

What are you planning on reading in January and February? Let me know! I love hearing about books and getting book recommendations and I just love books, books, books!

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: