10 Ways to Cheer Yourself Up When You're Feeling Down

4:27 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Hi, everyone.

I've been feeling under the weather the past few days. Last week was warm and sunny in Maryland, and I was taking walks through all the neighborhoods near where I live. Now the weather has been chilly and dreary, which normally I'm not against, but the drastic shift from hot to cold has made me sick.

I hope you all are doing well (I always do), but if you aren't, I thought I would share some ways to cheer yourself up when you're feeling down!


1. Put on your favorite comfy clothes. I always find that putting on my favorite pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt lifts my mood, especially after a long day of work.

2. Drink a cup of hot tea. Hot tea is a life saver. Green tea is great at increasing your metabolism and providing nutrients to lift your spirits back up. I've heard that ginger tea is also a great option, but I've never tried it myself.

3. Write your feelings down. I'm a firm believer in putting your feelings down on paper. This is a great way to relieve any stress or negativity you are feeling. A bonus is that you can rip the paper up once you're done writing as a way of making peace with the feelings you felt and moving on to positive thinking.

4. Watch an episode of your favorite TV show. Who doesn't love watching their favorite TV show when they're feeling down? While you're are it, make some popcorn. Throw some chocolate in there!

5. Go for a walk. This may not apply if it is ten degrees below freezing or there's a blizzard, but if it's warm enough out, go walk for fifteen minutes. Even if it's cloudy or raining. You can always carry an umbrella and buy some cute rain boots for the occasion.

6. Call someone you're close with. Sometimes talking to someone you're close with is the way to get your feelings off your chest. Plus, this person may offer you a different outlook on how to see your current situation. We are constantly changing and growing. We learn a variety of methods of accepting and moving on from our negative feelings through others.

7. Take funny pictures of yourself using Snapchat's new filters. I finally have Snapchat on my iPad, and let me tell you, there is no way anyone can be in a bad mood after using these filters. Invite a friend over and use the face swap option. Trust me, you'll be laughing until your stomach hurts!

8. Make and eat your favorite comfort food. For some people, like myself, cooking can relieve stress and negativity. Try making your favorite comfort food as opposed to getting it pre-made. For example, you can cut up potatoes and make chips or fries by baking or frying them. If you're struggling with how to make your favorite comfort food, look up the recipe on Pinterest!

9. Throw a solo dance party. Guilty as charged. I support putting on your comfy clothes and dancing around the living room like no one is watching. Heck, leave your curtains open and put on a show for your neighbors. Just smile and dance the negativity away!

10. Take a hot bubble bath. Lavender does wonders for our bodies. Mix a few drops of lavender essential oil into your bath and feel the stress melt away. This is also a great time to close your eyes, smile, and think about all the things you are grateful for. I promise you that your smile won't fade for the rest of the day.

I hope you all are able to take something away from this post! I'm sorry I didn't post last week. I'll try and make it up to you guys the next couple of days! Let me know things you like to do to cheer yourself up in the comments below!

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: