July 2016 Monthly Goals: Happiness, Discovery, and Thailand

2:17 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Has it hit anyone else that we are officially halfway through 2016? So much has happened in the past few months, but it still seems unreal that it's July.

If you've been following my blog, you know I started my own Happiness Project this year based off The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I kept up the first three months of my project, but once April hit, I didn't keep up with the goals I had set for myself. I wish I would've kept up with the project, because I know I was making a lot of progress during the first three months of this year. This being said, I'm not going to follow April, May, and June's goals in July, August, and September. I'm moving to Thailand later this month, and I've realized my interests have changed. Of course, all of the categories for my Happiness Project are important to me, but I have since decided to take a different approach to my goals.

This month, I will be focused on:

-Letting go
Letting go is something all of us struggle with. We live in the past and the future so often that we forget about the present moment. This month I want to focus on living in the now.

-Being happy
I want to be happy as often as I can this month. I want to give a smile to everyone I see and say hello with enthusiasm. Of course, there will always be moments throughout some days where I don't feel happy, but I'm not going to sulk in my unhappiness. I will smile and be kind to everyone, including myself.

-Discovering
I'm going to two new countries this month. I want to explore both of them as much as I can. I only have two days in Japan, so I want to make them count. I would like to explore all of Thailand while living there. This month, I hope to explore a little bit of Bangkok and most of the Sisaket province. I also hope that I will discover more about myself this month. I believe that as humans, we are constantly evolving. I can't wait to learn more about who I am in this moment.

-Making new and strong friendships
Something I want to focus on is forming stronger friendships with people I am already friends with and making new friendships based on love and trust. I believe it is important to be honest with our friends and to show them the love they deserve from a friendship. We should treat every person we come in contact with this way.

What are your goals for this month? Leave a comment!

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: