Reflection: Things I Am Thankful For

6:47 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Lately I've been spending a lot of my time thinking about being thankful. It seems odd that we have one day a year that we focus on being thankful but then take everything we have for granted the other three hundred and sixty four days, especially the night of Thanksgiving, where we in America spend our time fighting one another for the best deals (also known as Black Friday). I'd like to try to change my mindset to where I see the good in the bad and am able to find something to be thankful for even when I am taking everything I do have for granted by focusing on what I don't have. To start this change, I'm going to list things I am thankful for.


1. A roof over my head
2. My health
3. My friends and family
4. Running water
5. Air conditioning and heat
6. Being alive
7. Having a job
8. A stocked fridge and pantry
9. Books
10. All living beings
11. Electricity
12. The ability to read and write
13. My education


Let me know what you are thankful for.

Shannon

Check out my previous post here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: